Honors and Awards
- Principal candidate for the Fulbright PhD Scholarship Program.
- Best short paper honorable mention award at ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) conference 2021.
- Invited as an outstanding student speaker at Virginia Tech’s Spring 2022 Commencement.
- Selected to participate in Grad Cohort for women (CRA-W) in 2019 and 2021.
- Student Volunteer and Doctoral Consortium Participant at ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) conference 2020.
- Reviewer, ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2022), ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW 2021 and 2022), ACM Interaction Design and Children conference 2022 (IDC 2022), and Australian Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (OzCHI 2020).
- Session Co-Chair, “International Virtual Conference of Emerging Trends In Computing And Software Engineering-2021″, Faculty of Science & Technology, ILMA University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Student Volunteer, ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) conference 2020.
- Bachelors and master’s Student Selection Committee Member, University of Sindh Pakistan 2013-2014.
- Anchor-person, Academic Convocation 2011 and 2012 of University of Sindh Jamshoro, Pakistan.
- Student volunteer, IEEE student branch IICT, University of Sindh Jamshoro, Pakistan. (2009-2010).
Conference Presentations and Invited Talks
- Presented my research talk titled “Eliciting Intimate narratives of participants’ lived experiences with technology” in the Social Informatics Meeting at the Center for Human Computer Interaction, Virginia Tech.
- Presented paper titled “Parenting, Studying and Working at Home in a Foreign Country: How International Student Mothers in the US Use Screen Media For and With Their Young Children” at The 24th ACM Conference on Computer- Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing.
- Presented a research talk on “Designing Mobile Applications to Minimize Disorientation in Informal Learning Environments” in the Social Informatics Meeting at the Center for Human Computer Interaction, Virginia Tech.
- Presented my work-in-progress paper titled “Conversational User Interfaces as Assistive Interlocutors For Young Children’s Bilingual Language Acquisition” at ACM International Conference On Interactive Media Experiences (IMX 2021).
- Presented a tech talk titled “Having to Have It All: Technologies for International Student Mothers and Children in the Multipurpose Home” at Grad Cohort for Women Workshop (CRA-WP).
- Presented my paper titled “Designing mobile applications to minimize disorientation in informal learning environments” at ACM Interaction Design and Children (IDC) conference 2021.
- Presented a research talk titled ” Having to Have it All: How International Student Mothers Manage Technology and Children in the Multipurpose Home” in the Social Informatics Meeting at the Center for Human Computer Interaction, Virginia Tech.
- Presented Poster titled “The Interactive Show: A Conversational Companion for Young Children and Childcare Assistant for Parents” at the 8th International Conference on Human-Agent Interaction 2020.
- Presented paper titled “Revealing And Resolving Disorientation In An Online Course Module Of Java Programming” at the IEEE 5th International Conference on Computer Science & Education (ICCSE).
- 2019 – Presented poster titled “Nutritional Facts For Online Political Interactions” at the Grad Cohort for Women Workshop (CRA- W)
- 2017 – Presented research titled ” Identifying and resolving disorientation in e-learning systems” at the IEEE International Conference on Communication, Computing and Digital Systems (C-CODE) at Bahria University Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 2014 – Presented research article named “Service Discovery Protocols in Pervasive Computing: A review” in the 17th IEEE International Multi Topic Conference (INMIC) at Bahria University Karachi.